Dear Spectrum House Family,
Is everyone okay? We know it’s tough right now…We are here for you! We are ready and prepared. We still make bad jokes and come up with good ideas! We still have terrible drawing skills and a wonderful calm in this chaos.
Here is the stuff you need to know about Spectrum House right now:
As the COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation continues to change throughout the world and locally we wanted to reassure you that we are monitoring the changes carefully and reacting mindfully and calmly. We are keeping up to date with the guidelines and best practice from The Australian Department of Health and Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency. We are making our best effort to continue to offer our services to clients, maintain our business and most importantly protect the mental and physical health, safety and well-being of all our clients, staff and our wider community, the very best way we can.
We want to assure you that we have put into place extra precautions which will be updated in line with The Australian Department of Health’s recommendations.
We are working hard to ensure your safety and to ensure you can access continued psychological support by doing the following:
- Offering Telehealth so your progress to date isn’t stalled. Please utilise this service. It will ensure we don’t lose momentum and we can continue to support your goals.
- The team uses hand sanitiser/wash hands before and after each therapy session.
- The team wipes door handles and tables with antibacterial cleaner after each session.
- We are continuing to sanitise and clean all practice areas more frequently particularly those that are regularly touched (e.g. front desk, door handles, EFTPOS Machine, bathrooms)
- All books, magazines, and toys that are not easily sanitised have been removed from our waiting room.
- Hand sanitiser is available for all clients in every therapy room and in the waiting room.
- Staff are social distancing as much as possible and working from home when they can.
We are asking you to please:
- All families are being asked not to attend the practice if parents, children, siblings or caregivers are:
- experiencing any symptoms of fever, coughing, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath.
- have returned from overseas travel in the last 14 days.
- their school or workplace has been closed due to a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19.
- are in self-isolation.
- We ask you to access our Telehealth option when needed – please see additional Telehealth information below.
- Please take all hygienic precautions when attending sessions (e.g. hand washing/sanitising, covering your cough or sneeze)
We are proud that we have the capacity to conduct sessions using Telehealth. There are a number of good reasons why that might be a good strategy to use in the current situation. Research evidence strongly supports the clinical efficacy of Telehealth sessions in a wide variety of circumstances.
Download our Telehealth information form here: Telehealth Information Sheet
Download our Teleheath consent form here: Informed Consent Form Telehealth – Spectrum House
What you will need for your Telehealth session
- A computer, laptop or tablet with a camera and speaker (or headphones).
- Google Chrome (recommended), Mozilla Firefox or Coviu for iOS
- The email from our Telehealth platform (Zoom) to be able to join the session
We remain committed to supporting all clients and their families, our staff and community throughout this time. If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to speak with your psychologist or contact our team on 9888 4000 or via email at email@example.com
Remember that this is temporary, stay well and keep your sense of humour the best you can!
Finally, before you go, please check out our frequently asked questions to support our children through this time, thanks. http://spectrumhouse.net/coronavirus-faqs-for-parents/
The Spectrum House Team